Dendroboard - View Single Post - Whats the deal with this hobby?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Whats the deal with this hobby?

On one hand Iím hearing it is difficult to sell them or even give them away when you have to many. On the other hand Iím hearing every frog produced could be sold reasonably quickly. A guy I know had his dart frogs for over 20 years!
I would think with the abundance of froglets a reptile shop would sell the common frogs cheap, say $10 and also sell all the equipment (including plants!) to create a simple vivarium. I think the shop would earn more money on the setup and plants than the frogs.

I just know it was difficult for me to find the frogs I wanted when I got started two years ago. I wound up with impulse buying at the first vendor I saw at Repticon in Denver. I never did get the frogs I wanted. I felt lucky at the time just to be able to buy the frogs I got. The show did not have a lot of choices so I thought I was going to miss out so I bought quickly. The Dart Frog Connection booth was packed with people so it felt like a frenzy. I had no luck looking for Lukes at the local fish/reptile shops. They may have only had one or two kinds of dart frogs.

Somehow I believe I might be able to trade my 11 Green and Black Auratus for 3 mints but that may happen or not. I guess we will see. I certainly donít want to keep 11 more Auratus.