Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 10:22 PM

Default Re: R. imitator froglets

Both responses are very helpful, thank you!

I use a very similar method with the tilted cup, once the front legs emerge. 3-5 days after the tail is gone makes me feel a bit better. Perhaps I should be leaving them in a cup a little bit longer. I only move them so I can get them in an environment with spring tails, and to try and get some powdered food in them (calcium/VitD/A, etc.). My major concern was food, but if they aren't eating...I might as well leave them.

The froglets I see in the tanks (There are about 4 now, from the same parents) developed faster, and emerged faster than my "artificially" raised ones, and I often find they are using the water pools in the bromeliads constantly - but I am curious if this is more of a safety net for the young froglets, to escape from predation.

In terms of air exchange...my cups have a vented lid, but other than that I don't typically open them during the process. Do you feel this is sufficient in your thinking?

Again, I haven't had any mortality with my current methods, but it is interesting to observe and try to improve - or even just learn a bit!

Appreciate the comments guys.

Last edited by Chris S; 02-13-2020 at 10:23 PM. Reason: spelling