Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: darts at petco
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 08:58 PM

Default Re: darts at petco

Nothing gets better by walking away. It definitely doesn't relieve the suffering of the individual frog that fate placed you - a knowledgable dendro person - in your path.

In theory not buying the frog makes superficial sense, but Helping, is a case by case intimate act. If you dont buy the frog, petco will replace when it dies or is bought by someone who will extend its suffering and kill it.

Walking away versus saving the frog. Not buying the frog wont make a micro dent in pet cos mega $ budget. They actually include Mortality as a Given in their budget. Live stock is considered Window Dressing, and their care is strictly budgeted to an austere minimum.

I know this from managing the herp dept of an independent animal store, that did things differently than most retail shops. I frequently had on hire young people who loved animals and wanted to work with them but leftpet co because of store practices. I also created a niche to give consult and proper gear and environment supplies and set up support to people who acquired herps from petco, craigs list, and reptile shows.

if you want to truly help - Take photos of the frog, waiting heartbreakingly by the container, and YELP the PetCo, publishing the pics.

But by all means, Get that Frog.

Imagine how lucky that little guy will be.

It will be the Best.