Dendroboard - View Single Post - Whats the deal with this hobby?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Whats the deal with this hobby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanovich View Post
I'd say that Epipedobates anthonyi probably qualify even more as the goldfish of the frog hobby.
In Europe (BENELUX) the goldfish frog has changed over the years from E.Anthonyi to D.Leucomelas imo.

E.Anthoyni (hybird form) has been drasticly declining in demand due too the fact they were so easy available. Everyone wants something "more special" it seems...
so I see a big decline in supply/demand with E.Anthonyi the las few years. But the population ex situ is big enough to flood the market if needed. They are realy easy breeders and strong frogs.

I do see a HUGE demands for Oophaga, especialy Pumilio!!! I know allot of breeders that are selling off all other species so they can full up their racks with only Oophaga. Mostly Oophaga pumilio due to their lower prices and huge demand. Histrionica and Sylvatica remain to pricy for most hobbyists, but they too are in big demand.

For others :

Ranitomeya has a very low demand at the moment since U.E. did so many exports to Europe. Same for most Auratus and Tinctorius.

Although some localities of Tinctorius are hard to find due to the absense of Suriname import and rarity among breeders. It is realy hard to find morphs like : Nikita, Dasha, Natasha, Lawa, Tafelberg, Saul, Lorenzo,...

Ameerega are not demanded at all, neither are there breeders that are able to supply the hobby.. Such a shame.. Most of the Ameerega are vanishing or already vanished in the hobby. The only Ameerega to be found here from time to time are A.Trivittata and Picta. Pepperi, Basleri, Hahneli and sissa are almost completely gone.

Mannophryne, Colostethus, Allobates shares/shared the same fate as Ameerega.