Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 03:36 AM

Default R. imitator froglets

I typically have let the parents raise the tads, but have pulled some eggs for numerous reasons (watch them develop, or bad egg placement). These are R. imitator 'Chazuta'.

I've followed much of the advice garnered from this site and other sources, most of which says once the front legs appear (or break free from the body), the tads stop feeding until their tail is absorbed.

The question for me is, when exactly do they start feeding again? I've moved them to grow out bins once they have absorbed all visible tail, but they often seem quite lethargic for a few days (3-4?) before they begin to explore a bit more. Should I be leaving them in their more semi-aquatic environment longer (32oz deli + almond leaves + java moss), but with no food?

I provide spring tails, and small amounts of fruit flies right away, but don't see them actively hunting at this point. I haven't lost any, but this question has always lingered with me.

Appreciate any experience you can share!