Dendroboard - View Single Post - Water feature critters!
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Water feature critters!

Whites Tree Frogs are a "dry frog" . One of their original 'common' names is the Desert Tree Frog. This is especially true for Australian Whites. Indonesian Whites can tolerate wetter circumstances - if things remain fresh and clean.

I realize that the bio active modality is very popular today. But I do have concerns for the blanket generality that has become a common theme. All Blanket Modalities in animal husbandry have gaps in dimensionality that concern me.

In a moist habitat that enables a nitrogen cycle, with lush plant life, housing diminutive animals in spare count habitation, as with small bodied darts, it seems to be quite successful. Still I think that stewardship in a closed system is wise. There isnt a care free modality.

Inverts that have an extremely limited lifespan in fresh water are not suitable for where Any Frog goes to seek osmotic hydration. Neither are snails or any fauna that increases the ammonia level or microbial populuce of the hydration feature

Perhaps a nitrogen cycle in a feature could be enabled, it is still not without risk. "Harmless" protozoans and bacteria species can become pathogenic with immune compromises.

The concept of One Year, or "A Few Months Now" is Not Long Enough to Determine Soundness Of A Situ

Unless your Whites have ample, completely dry areas to escape contact moisture they will become sick. Either by an Aeromonas or other microbial opportunism infection or, if wetness is severe, edema, noted in whites kept in too wet situ.