Dendroboard - View Single Post - Water feature critters!
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 03:35 PM

Default Water feature critters!

So I love paludariums/vivs with large water features, but the water features in both of the tanks I'm considering are rather small (under 5 gallons) so keeping any species of fish is pretty well out of the question, that being said I've had some success with snails, and have been considering adding a small species of critter to fill a role similar to my isopods do on land (eating detritus and left overs etc.)

I've considered adding some brine shrimp, but one that I have been toying with is triops, I have wanted triops from the time I was little and from the little research I've done they seem to like to snack on algae and dead plant matter, my question is has anyone tried this? Would they attempt to snack on my frogs? The tank in question houses my three WTF's and they love to go soak in the water feature in the mornings, from anyone's experience would the triops attempt to make a snack of my frogs?

I'm still relatively new to bio active, I've been keeping amphibians for over a decade but only been doing bio active for a year, I know with any cohabitation it has to be something that is heavily researched and benefits all the species no matter how big or small so I thought I'd join up here and get some opinions!

Thanks!