No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 01:13 PM
Mod

Default Re: False bottom vs Hydro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodswalker View Post
Haha! Are you building a new tank anytime soon?

I built a tank with turface, and I'm not sure if I like it or not. Some of my plants loved it, and others crashed and burned- some of the pricier ones, too, unfortunately. That's why I was hoping to compile a list of plants (on an older thread) that do and do not work in turface, because it doesn't really work the same way as ABG.
I am in the middle of a couple of grow-out builds now, but they are nothing fancy :-) I think Turface works really well for me because I tend to focus on the hardscape epiphytic elements in my build and I don't care nearly as much about what grows on the ground. I tend to shade out the floor in my tanks and not much grows down there, anyway. I agree with you that Turface does great with some things and less great with others. Depending on how you build your tanks, that may or may not matter to you. I like it because it is nearly permanent, easy to work with, and that layer is just a platform for leaf litter in my tanks anyway. I have heard of people using it as an ingredient in their ABG. Maybe that's the sweet spot. I don't know.

Mark