Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 06:15 PM

Default 120 gallon half moon

Hello all,

I recently took down a saltwater tank and Iím now debating on setting it up as a viv. The tank is 48Ē wide 24 deep at the bow and 30Ē tall. I know top entry tanks are not ideal for vivs with darts but itís what I have on hand.

Ideas and thoughts.

-Cutting a door into the bow and add hinges so it becomes a normal viv style tank. Not really sure how to go about this but have seen others do it. Not on a bow but should be roughly the same process.

-From what Iíve read using a drip style watering method over a misting system will help keep the front glass cleaner. I know this will be my main fight due to the height. Same problem I had when it was a saltwater tank. Luckily I have long arms and can reach the bottom without too much problem.

Your thoughts
If you had a tank like this would you attempt to make it into a viv or pass on it all together? As much as I donít want to buy a new viv style system I donít want a massive uphill battle as this will be the largest viv Ive attempted.

If I stay with this tank what would you suggest I do moving forward to make this a successful viv?