Build log for my 55gal aqueon converted to a sliding door. I'm planning to put a colony of leucs in it this year. I've skipped some details, so feel free to ask if something is unclear.
Leak test (in my house on carpet, yes I take risks)
Slime mold I found in one of my other tanks
Sliding door assembly
I created some super wide clothespins to hold the track in place on the glass while the silicone dried.
Siliconed in the back wall cork
Tank placed for final assembly
Added drainage layer and screen
Added soil layer (neherp gen 1 substrate), and created water area with cork and river stone
interesting spider egg case I found after collected magnolia leaves for the leaf layer.
plants and broms added, sphagnum added to back wall, doors added
Interesting note with the doors: I made the silicone seal for the doors too thick, but i was able to use a single blade disposable razer to shave it down evenly bit by bit to the right thickness.
lighting added, cree 5000k daylight, and leaf litter added
Close-ups of final (minus magnolia seed pods I added later)
Magnolia seed pods added
Plants - 55gal plant pack from josh's frogs, plus some extra broms I had. I took pictures of the names with the plants, but I was doing it as quickly as possible just for reference so a lot of names a blurry. If you can't make it out, let me know.