Dendroboard - View Single Post - 60g Paludarium w/ waterfall and bog - build log
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 06:11 PM

Default Re: 60g Paludarium w/ waterfall and bog - build log

Next step - waterfall

I took an extra piece of slate from my front yard and broke it up into some cool shapes with a hammer and chisel, then worked out the pieces for the waterfall dry before starting to use Great Stuff. I then cut a rough form out of egg crate and tried it in the tank. The arm sticking out to the right is for a Nepenthes pot:

Box covered in wax paper, so I can move the waterfall around while it dries and encourage the stones to stay straight, and hopefully remove it easily when done. I secured the egg crate to the box with a few zip ties:

I'm doing the Great Stuff in thin layers and letting it dry 1-2 hours between each layer:

Rocks and pot in place. I'll need probably one more layer, and then I'll stand it upright and work on the pool at the bottom of the waterfall:

One question - I've been using Gaps & Cracks, but I'm running out and I have a can of Window & Door - does anyone know the difference? Should I go buy another can of Gaps & Cracks to finish?

Last edited by Harpspiel; 01-05-2020 at 07:00 PM.