Dendroboard - View Single Post - 60g Paludarium w/ waterfall and bog - build log
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 04:35 PM

Default Re: 60g Paludarium w/ waterfall and bog - build log

Interesting build. I like the bending of the egg crate. That helps to eliminate one of my usual complaints about paludaria - that they have a lot of harsh, straight edges in them.

I would also worry about drilling glass in temps that cold. Glass is brittle enough at room temperature. Maybe others have more experience with this. You could do it inside, though. I do all of mine inside. You don't have to use a hose to run water over the bit the whole time. You can use a little dam of plumber's putty and put the water (or antifreeze - that's what I use, just try to keep it as confined as possible and wash anything it touches thoroughly before use) in it.

I think white clouds are a good option. My recollection is that they are one of the most temperature-flexible species commonly available in fish stores. Are you worried about temps being too cold or too hot?

Mark