So the trial and error continues.
The idea is to be able to strip this tank with minimal disruption so all planted components are modular and easily removed ó branches, the stump etc.
I removed the Neoregelias and dropped the light levels by two-thirds because my moss was bleaching; itís colouring up and slowing growth now; I did remove some that was too bleached out but itís proving to be an aggressive species so should regenerate easily.
Nothing is final but I wanted to share an experiment:
Podocarpus guatemalensis is a conifer known to be present in lowland forest in Colombia and elsewhere in Amazonia; I wanted to use P. macrophylla (they look similar and macrophylla is easy to get) but even in a vivarium I expect a tree to give me problems at some point:
So Iím attempting to severely limit its growth by mounting it epiphytically. I think itíll need frequent pruning as itís going to get lanky but interested to see if I can shape it up on that perch.
You may notice a lone Syngonium leaf up there; itís a cutting with a very long aerial root embedded in that moss. Will see what it does; I think Iíll see something from the node but not sure about the shape.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk