No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: Pulling Eggs
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Pulling Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangled View Post
Ok, and for a newbie following this thread - can we take it farther... Once the eggs do hatch what is the continued care most of you do? On Josh's Frogs instructional videos, he says that once they hatch, they should stay in that petri dish for "a few days" and then transfer to a cup where they still won't eat for a "few days." 1) are they too fragile to transfer right when they hatch the egg? 2) how many day is a few days? or how do you know when to start feeding them?" 3) Josh says to just top off water as it evaporates, but a lot of the YouTubers change water and I've read of people doing water changes ranging from never, weekly, or even daily. Let along the guys who said up misting systems that constantly flush the water...So how often should the water changed outside of when you can smell that it's 'bad'?
I imediatly put the tadpoles in a cup of water with an oak leaf and some moss after they hatch. I feed not for the first 5 days, after this every 2 days one Hikari Koi staple (for dendrobates). I never change the water, but do a refill if needed. That's it, I raised +250 tadpoles this year on this method.