Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 07:08 PM

Default Re: First Viv- Buttress Palu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
Hey Dude! Although I've moved to the high school and someone else is running "Method's Classroom" several of the plants you donated are still going strong in there.

I've been looking forward to making a PDF tank for a couple years and decided to bite the bullet over the summer. I've also taken my time researching frogs and was about to post a question here anyway

So I've narrowed the species down to a few. I want a frog that does well in groups; I have a larger tank after all. I also want a frog that's relatively easy for beginners. Sound might be a factor because this tank is right under the TV in the living room. Here are the frogs I've narrowed it down to (in no particular order).

Leucs (concerned about the sound, but otherwise they seem perfect)
Auratus 'Bocas' (Too big? Too camouflaged? Other auratus sound shy)
R. vanzolinii (too fast?)
R. variabilis (too camouflaged)
R. imitator (worried about aggression in groups)

I've always liked Epipedobates but it seems like they're at least as loud as leucs and not quite as easy to keep.

I'm open for suggestions!
Awesome to hear about the plants! Yeah don't go for Epipedobates if you're concerned with noise lol