Dendroboard - View Single Post - My new juvenile terribilis! Also - ff dust question / smell
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 07:33 PM

Default Re: My new juvenile terribilis! Also - ff dust question / smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidsnfrogs View Post
I just dumped a lot of springtails into the tank in an effort to speed the clean up there, but any other tips?
Yes, just don't have excess dust in the bottom of the cup if you're a 'dumper'. If you tilt whatever cup the FFs are in, they will crawl toward the opening of the cup, and the powder will stay in the bottom of the cup.

It may take a couple cups (one larger one to dust in, one smaller one to pour dusted FFs into to take over to the viv) -- I use a 32oz yogurt container for dusting, then pour FFs into a 2oz cup (snatch a few from a fast food place that has these out for squirting ketchup into) and dump that into the viv. Save the dust in the bottom of the yogurt container for next time.

- Whitman