Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Paludarium suggestions

There is a whole lot to be said on this subject; for most of it, I'll let you use the search function here: try "mixing" and then if your eyes still work try "paludarium".

I will say this: keeping wild caught herps (those toads and lizards are 98% likely to be WC) is not a good idea for casual keepers, regardless of the opinion of someone who makes their money by convincing you otherwise. If you do, at the absolute bare minimum quarantine separately for a few months beforehand and get a fecal sample to an exotics vet. (You can find an exotics vet here: https://arav.site-ym.com/search/custom.asp?id=3661)

There are many, many more species that are good captives that are captive bred. I won't recommend any, because you need to be captivated by an animal independently of your simple desire to keep living things in a box. If you don't have any animals in mind that you have a strong interest in keeping, then i think you should just leave them to their own business. An enclosure full of non-animal living things could be very, very rewarding and virtually none of those plants would have been taken from the wild.

- Whitman
The Following User Says Thank You to Socratic Monologue For This Useful Post:
Philsuma (12-03-2019)