Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Paludarium suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korie08 View Post
Today I got a 36x18x18 tank as an early Christmas present. For several years o have wanted to make a paludarium setup but I donít know what to put in it. Iíve been lurking in this forum for a while and thereís a great community for non PDF animals. I know for sure I want fire bellies but I want to make it a community tank. My pet store hasnít had any problems keeping fire bellied toads with anoles and long tails but Iím not sure if I really want them. Also I need suggestions for some aquatic fish and inverts. Another thing I plan to do is make something to put on the top to make it taller. Thanks for any suggestion and feedback!
One thing to consider is that fire bellies release a toxin that can be irritating to other amphibians so I would not go that route. I would think that you would want something that occupies the top levels of the tank if you do chose to have another terrestrial animal. That being said with only 18" of height that isn't a whole lot of space. Personally if I were you I'd just stick with the fire bellies alone in the tank. With trying to extend the height I would think you'd be better off just getting one of the taller sized tanks. As far as fish and inverts If the tank is an exoterra or the like (you didn't mention) they do not leave you with that much water volume so I would go with nano fish or just ornamental shrimp. I'll tell anyone who will listen to go for Killifish.