Dendroboard - View Single Post - Do Tincs 'climb'?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Do Tincs 'climb'?

I'm grateful for these opinions and I'm glad it's sparked some healthy discussion.

I've checked out Phyllobates Bicolor and they're out due to the call being too loud (for the wife, not me). Same for Terribs.

You see, I'm rather smitten by Ranitomeya Amazonica due to their colouration and quiet call. Not only are they colourful; they can be kept in groups apparently. I still feel that a pair of Tincs, although fun, would be woefully lost in there and perhaps unable to use the branches/heights. All things graciously considered, yes I'd rather see 1 or 2 of my 8 R. Amazonica than just two Tincs rattling around a large enclosure like two marbles in a tin. At least I'd know the tank's being fully used with the smaller, nimble Ranis. I do get what you're saying though and I am quite tempted just to get Tincs as they're much cheaper compared to Ranis.

That said, I'm a plant guy too and I get as much joy out of flora as I do fauna. Now that it's been put to me, however, I don't think I'd be at all upset at not seeing all my frogs at once. One or two at a time* would be just fine and I'd enjoy the hunt to spot them (up there in amongst the 'branches' and walkways). If they're hiding today, well that's fine - it's their home, not mine. I still have a halfway decent enclosure to admire.

Are you saying I could keep eight Ranis in there? This is getting expensive!

* Would Ranitomeya show as a group at feeding times?

Last edited by PBM3000; 11-07-2019 at 11:53 PM.