Dendroboard - View Single Post - Do Tincs 'climb'?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Do Tincs 'climb'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBM3000 View Post
That surprises me. I would have thought they wouldn’t make use of the relatively thin branches? I’d also be limited to a max of 4 and they’d look lost in there I think.

I’m looking (hoping) for a group of Ranitomeya. Would they not be a better fit?
I wouldn't be so sure. I agree with Philsuma that this tank lends itself well to larger, heavy-bodied frogs. You have a lot of floor space in there which would be helpful for larger frogs. I am not seeing a ton of climbing opportunities in the negative space, either, but maybe I am missing it. There do seem to be plenty of hiding opportunities.

The difference between Tincs and Terribs (not Auratus, in my experience, they hide) and Ranitomeya (again, in my experience) is that I rarely have trouble finding my larger frogs in the tank whereas some of my Ranitomeya hide enough that I rarely see them all at once. So, you might want to ask yourself if you would rather see all 4-6 of your Terribs/both of your Tinc pair or would you rather see 1 or 2 of your 8 Ranitomeya? That might be one way to look at things, anyway.

Mark
The Following User Says Thank You to Encyclia For This Useful Post:
PBM3000 (11-07-2019)