Dendroboard - View Single Post - Do Tincs 'climb'?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Do Tincs 'climb'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijl View Post
Yes, this is a good discussion. My believe is that we just cannot create enougf comfterable space that they CAN use. We have to be aware of airflow, temperatures, humidity, microclimate, light intensity,... This is hard to perfect or optimize is our small enclosures. That is why they prefer some spots is the tank that suit them as being the best. I am sure if I change they layout of the tank, our adjust the lighting or airflow, the frogs change their "regular" spots. So they can move from the upper part of the tank, to sundely being at the ground all the time.

I am sure your reticulata can be made comftrable at the ground, if the ground space or another factor get adjusted to suits their needs better than the other spots in the tank. Sometimes something as simple as adding or removing a plant can cause this to happen.

Yeah, I hear you, and you maybe right, but I am not so sure. I think we are both just guessing :-) That's just fine. There isn't always a clear, research-derived path forward in keeping our frogs. I am certain that both of us are doing what we think is best for our frogs :-)

Mark