Dendroboard - View Single Post - Do Tincs 'climb'?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Do Tincs 'climb'?

Sorry you don't like how my frogs behave, Tijl :-) I guess they haven't read the papers! I agree that most frogs will use the whole tank eventually. However, there are very definite patterns to where many (most?) frogs spend the majority of their time. Why would you not choose a tank design and form factor that support the majority of where they spend their time? Should I invest all the time and money in a super tall enclosure for frogs that will use it maybe 5% of their lives? I think it's a perfectly valid strategy to build tanks with the most common habits of the frogs in mind. That's the way I do all of my tanks. I wouldn't waste a 36" tall enclosure on my Terribs. It just isn't worth it. I will invest that money and space in a species that takes more advantage of it. If I had the money and space, all of my frogs would be in 36x18x36 tanks or larger. That's not my reality, though, so I make what I feel are appropriate compromises.

Mark