No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: “Manoa”
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 11:33 PM

Default Re: “Manoa”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tihsho View Post
That would make sense as the last time I saw tads were when I was on the Manoa Falls Trail. The tads I noticed were in small pools that were off more on the pig trails rather than the highly traveled hiking path. The tads were still small, so at the time I didn't determine they were the local Auratus as I'm used to the local Cane Toad epidemic where I assume any tad is the baby of a Cane Toad.

Sorry to hijack your thread with a question, but I wonder how hard it would be to establish a new location of the invasive Auratus? I've got a few man made Japanese style outdoor ponds on my property and it would be neat to see some Auratus start up over there. I have a feeling that they would sadly become a snack to the Cane Toads I can't keep out of there.

So, you live on the mainland & you want to start an outdoor population of an invasive species in your area? Not a good idea. You should check with your state agriculture department on this. You have cane toads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk