Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Aquarium tear-down for PDF Paludarium

The more I read, the more 'encouraged' I am to bin the 'body of water' side of things (I've been browsing here today for about eight hours ). I'd still like to have it (and the mechanics don't phase me in the slightest (I love a technical challenge too!)) but I'm not stubborn enough that I won't change my mind when presented with evidence and, I suppose, weight of opinion.

Again, a drip wall is a nice to have but I'm now thinking that misting will keep things moist enough to sustain moss growth, right? There's the ground space argument too. This I readily concede.

I had a look around my local hardware store and picked up a roll of black polypropylene weed control sheet. I doubt it'll wick very well or retain moisture for extended periods but I figure it'll be good enough to grow moss on, given it's 'fibrous' in structure? I can silicone patches of it to the sculpted foam walls I'm planning. Anyone used this? Again searching for this term only brings up a few threads on its use in the false bottom layer...

Thanks for the replies so far.