Dendroboard - View Single Post - Mantella baroni introgression? Very picture heavy!
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Mantella baroni introgression? Very picture heavy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijl View Post
i would just try and contact Josh for this? Also Serge Pasquasi has worked with mantella in Madagascar, I am sure he knows people that breed them. In Hamm, there is always a mantella breeder selling his offspring frogs. ( I think he is the breeder of your frogs? )

But I also sure, most mantella are just wild caught.
Already did in June, got this reponse from them:

"Cara (Josh's Frogs HelpDesk)

Jun 18, 10:59 AM EDT

Thanks for reaching out to us! At this time, Josh's Frogs does not offer pictures of individual frogs for sale. Here's why:

Additional Stress to the animals
We produce and ship out a LOT of frogs. The additional handling of each froglet for pictures would cause extra, unnecessary stress for every animal that leaves our doors. Stress can cause a reduction in appetite and slow down in growth - we want our froglets to be the biggest possible for their age!

Time
It takes a LOT of time to take care of, breed, and clean up after thousands of frogs, and it would take even more time to get individual pictures of each animal. We feel that our time is best spent ensuring every animal purchased from Josh's Frogs is happy, healthy, and the best it can be.

Biosecurity
We maintain strict biosecurity and quarantine protocols at Josh's Frogs. These do not allow for froglets to leave the raising rooms for pictures, then return to them. We must adhere to these principles for the safety of our animals.

Reserving Frogs
We do not hold specific frogs for customers. Instead, we ship out the largest frogs we have on hand when an order ships. That way, we can ensure our customers are receiving the largest, well started froglets possible when they receive their order.

Froglet Variability
Many species of frogs (especially some dart frogs) are quite variable. We've put together many pictures of each morph on their specific product page to provide you with a better idea of what your froglets could look like.

Thank you for choosing Josh's Frogs! Have a great day!
-Cara"

So sadly no extra pics of their froglet(s)

The Mantella breeder in Hamm is someone I know (and he is not the source of my frogs). He has a breeding group of baroni but so far he only had infertile clutches. He does breed M. madagascariensis (and other Mantella species). I'll shoot a message to Serge to see if he has more info.