Dendroboard banner

O.H.Bullseye

23K views 164 replies 23 participants last post by  Tijl 
#1 ·
Picked up my very first Histrionica today, 1.1 Bullseye. Moved them to the 100x50x50cm (former benedicta)tank. Feels like a new chapter in the hobby for me, could not be more excited to work with these frogs!

some quick pictures I was able to take :

I was absolutely amazed by how almost all Histrionica that ive seen today had such vivid colors! It is almost like their spots or paterns shine light.
I honestly must say these were the most beautifull frogs i had ever seen!

Bahia solano by far my favorite! I hope i am able to get my hands on these in the future.

See less See more
#51 ·
In most reports I have read so far, almost everyone states that the female is the one taking care of the eggs and tadpoles. But what I see here is the male, guarding his clutches and "sitting" on them to water them to keep the clutch moist.

#59 ·
The frogs take in the (ions in the) minerals of the clay trought their skin. Apperently ara's and elpephants also eat this clay according to a recent article that appeared in the DNmagazine.

I added a clayfilled dish in my terribilis tank today, but so far they have not used it. I will monitor the for a while now. If they don't use it, I will add the dish to my escudo.

#73 ·
The frogs take in the (ions in the) minerals of the clay trought their skin. Apperently ara's and elpephants also eat this clay according to a recent article that appeared in the DNmagazine.
Almost forgot to mention this with all the new posts. One of the reasons ara's and elephants eat clay is because of the detoxing properties of clay, next to the benefit of getting certain minerals.

Reactions: Tijl
#64 ·
I have a question ;

In one canister there are 3 tapoles, 2 of wich are completely formed and already out of their egg. So they are kinda swiming in the canister and the 3th one is still in the egg. But the adluts do'nt seem to visit this canister annymore. What shoul I do? Leave the tadpoles alone and hope the adults take care of them or should I intervein and drop them in o bromeliad myself? Raising by hand seems impossible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.