Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Hello from Ontario Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahad View Post
Did you end up getting anything at the expo? D. leucomelas is a killer frog. Bold, group tolerant, loud call and pretty easy in terms of care parameters.

I kept a few species before I finally got around to them but now I don't know why I waited years on these.

*And yeah -- if you're in Ontario, go with Understory Enterprises.
No I didn't end up getting anything at the expo. There were no fruit flies to be had on Sunday. They were all sold out so I decided to wait on the frogs and get my cultures up and running. I can feed the flies to my fish until I get some dart frogs. I did go to the Understory Enterprises booth and they were totally out of the Leucomelas. They really didn't have a lot left and I was there early Sunday morning. They did have some Yellow Aurotaenia available and they looked pretty cool. My favourite right now are the Azureus. Mostly because of the color of the Azureus. They did have some of them available as well.

The only thing is they only seem to sell the young unsexed frogs and I would really prefer to buy three sexed frogs. You know two females and a male or even just a breeding male and female. I really think it would suck to buy three and find out I have all males. Then i would have to go searching for a sexed female. Probably not the easiest thing to find. In order to buy young and hopefully get a breeding pair I would probably have to buy at least 5 and that gets a bit pricey. And of course still no guarantee.

There is another expo on October 6th so I guess I'll have to figure out if I want to go with babies or search for sexed frogs.

Your thoughts and advice would be appreciated.