Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Strange U shaped lump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encyclia View Post
Sorry to hear that, man. That has to be tough. I think it's definitely worth getting a necropsy. Keep us posted. The only upside of any of this is what we might be able to learn as a community so that this doesn't happen again.

Mark
Called the vet and asked if they do necropsies. They said they no. They only do them for birds and they arent in house. They send them off to a university to have them performed. She said they could do tissue samples but it would cost hundreds or thousands of dollars. Im assuming thats what she meant but she literally said hundreds of thousands of dollars lmao Ill search around but if anyone knows of an institution who performs necropsies on amphibians let me know. If it is thousands of dollars then forget it lol Another option is i dig around myself. I have done dissections before so it definitely wouldnt be a butchering. I am actually pretty good at it. It could reveal the injury but wouldnt tell me much else unless the parasites are visible to the human eye. Ill give the search to the end of the weekend before i buy a kit and have at it. I dont want the frog in my fridge much longer than that.