Dendroboard - View Single Post - Hello from Louisiana!
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 10:26 PM

Default Hello from Louisiana!

Hello all!! I'm new here and new to frogs as well. I come from the Saltwater hobby. I got super tired of the tumultuous ups and downs of reef keeping. Plus the extreme cost of the hobby as a whole. My AC went out and couldn't be fixed for a week and I lost a lot of money because I didn't have a chiller. I broke the tank down and erased every memory of it lol. I don't really have much to start with right now. I'm only as far as a 29 gallon and a finished background. I went with Great stuff and coco fiber. The adhesive for the coco fiber was titebond III and I sealed all edges with aquarium sealant to keep moisture from getting behind the background. I'm currently in the process of letting it sit for 2 weeks to ensure the fumes don't cause any problems. My next purchase is lighting (still torn about which one to get) and probably will pick the mistking up at the same time. After I get the light and mistking my only hurdle is procuring a day off from work to drive to Houston and visit the bio dude to pick up everything. I'll post some pictures once it's set up. I figure I probably won't have frogs in it until around Christmas. Maybe after the first of the year. Look forward to getting to know everyone here.