Dendroboard - View Single Post - Need ideas for a skyscraper tank with no background
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Need ideas for a skyscraper tank with no background

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidInMotion View Post
I'm slowly working on creating my newest build. I bought a 18x18x36 ZooMed Skyscraper tank, Mistking starter setup, and Spectral Designs LED fixture. I want to make bromeliads and misc tropicals the focus of this setup.

My biggest challenge is that I really don't want a 3D background into this build. My previous four builds all had Great Stuff-based backgrounds, with cork bark and/or driftwood jutting out to create some depth. While I loved the look, I want to be able to break this tank down easily for redesign if/when needed.

I plan to paint the outside back wall with black paint, and create a free-standing structure. I'd love to get a similar look to these two setups I found online, but I could really use some advice on how to do this. Maybe use Great Stuff and hygrolon to connect several pieces of driftwood together? Any ideas are much appreciated!

In the pictures the original poster posed does anyone know what LED are being used?