Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 09:10 AM

Default Re: sterilizing FF culture cups

Thanks for the clarification Npaull

You are right it is a hard thing to provide a simple personal comment, every day natural 'feeling', or just an innocent reflection without an unintentional inflection of tone. I have done this myself and couldn't get why what I said was taken so wrong.

I will take all that on myself, it more than likely has to do with my own reading and 'implying' my mind set at the time I read it. I had a tough day and I probably should have taken a day or two before responding.. my bad and my apologies. But, thank you for making this clear and not responding with equal misunderstanding, so that anyone else who might read that as 'wussing' out when not wanting to clean out the wet stuff didn't also misread it. It wasn't my intention to insult you, if it came across that way only to express that taking a different approach to cleaning the cup wasn't necessarily 'wussing' out. (I guess it depends on when or where you grew up as to what that term might mean too

Like I said, my own experience with the boiling water has left me with cups that would crack up the side making it useless unless you tape up the crack and that only works for so long before the cup just doesn't hold up to need and use.

So we can add another tried and used method for cleaning out the culture cups.

Thank you for your input and clarification, again my apologies.

Charlie

I'm not a mite expert, although I've had my fair share of infestations and lost cultures to them but I believe where you live, the external climate as well as the internal room climate probably has a great deal to do with why some of us experience heavy mite problems and others seem blessed to rarely get them at all.

Last edited by CharValley; 09-09-2019 at 09:17 AM.