Dendroboard - View Single Post - What are the best broms for Darts??
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 09:03 PM

Default Re: What are the best broms for Darts??

Hmm. The only bromeliad I have from Lowe's has survived a couple of years, but it's in an Exo Terra tank from my primitive vivarium-building years that still has its original screen top attached. In other words, very high ventilation.

I have kept Neoregelias alive in pretty low ventilation, but not no ventilation.

I'm concerned about your substrate setup. It's good that you are going to use a barrier, and hydroton is probably an improvement, but having a saturated substrate sounds like a problem. I don't know nearly as much about frogs as the other users here, but that doesn't sound like a great environment for frogs to live in. I would consider making a tube through the substrate to siphon water out of the drainage layer, or drill a hole for automatic drainage through a bulkhead + tubing.

It would be a good idea, if you have been putting plants into your setups without cleaning them up, to wash off the dirt / substrate that they were in when you bought them. This seems to me to be truer with plants from big stores like Home Depot / Lowe's than from dedicated, small-scale businesses.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kinstrome For This Useful Post:
David Kurn (09-10-2019)