Dendroboard - View Single Post - Mod Podge Alternative (advice needed)
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 05:03 PM

Default Mod Podge Alternative (advice needed)

Hello,

I am building my vivarium with a crafting buddy. We have a water design falling into a pond in our build. We have tested and carved out the Styrofoam background and tested the water. All water flow runs great. The problem is that the water will absorb into the foam pores. The "LIP" of each waterfall bowl is carved with a small piece of foam that sticks out and looks like a small bottom lip, which water flows out of. Once that "LIP" pores absorbs the water it bends where the water is falling no more, its running down the rocks. The supplies we have already is the Safe GE 1 silicone, aquarium sealant, and mod podge. My crafting buddy recommends mod podge however, I was browsing this forum just to find that it doesn't work well in humid or constant water environments. The way mod podge (plus non toxic) dries is perfect for this waterfall since it'll be hard and water repellent. Can anyone please recommend a product that can help advise me with this problem? Ideally I would want to use a product to make each of my waterfall cups "Lips" and inner cup hard and water resistant. As the water flows into each cup without the foam pores absorbing any water and changing the "LIP" structure. My idea is to mod podge the whole cup than use aquarium sealant as a outer layer to make it water proof and hard at the same time?

Best,
Sonny

0.0.3 D. azureus

Last edited by hungrymonkeyx3; 09-05-2019 at 05:48 PM.