No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: Gray Tree Frog
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Gray Tree Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
I've read (John Clare) that Grey's regional habitat preferences translate to captive preferences -- in other words, maintaining temps and humidity similar to those in your area is advised. Where do you live, and what is the climate like?

Here in WI I've seen them often in full sun, on dark surfaces, in 85F air temps; they of course can go somewhere cooler when needed, so watching your future frog to see where it prefers to hang out can give clues as to how to adjust temps and humidity. I've never kept the species, though.

My untutored intuition agrees with that of CA -- drier and cooler is at least a better place to start, since the frog will burrow for humidity and stop eating if too cool and you can make adjustments. If too wet or hot it would go downhill faster, sooner.
I'm here in Indiana. I think my tank is a bit too tropical for these little guys. That's good to know before I caught a few!!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk