After work I stood the vivarium upright and brushed the coir/peat mixture off of the background to reuse.
There were a few places that needed minor touch ups as well as the big section in the middle.
I then got a knife and cut off the section of foam that was holding the wood on the left side. Once that was off I roughed up the smooth surface that was against the glass so that the silicone will adhere to it better when I silicone it back into place after the rest of the background is finished.
Having that wood out of my way actually made it alot easier to finish applying silicone to the background.
I did all of the minor touch up work that needed to be done on the right side of the background before finishing the left side. I dont think I have enough silicone left to finish the build so I will buy another tube tomorrow. Now I am just waiting to see what places will need touch ups after this round of silicone cures.