Dendroboard - View Single Post - Inspire me: Horizontal branches with epiphytes in your vivariums?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Inspire me: Horizontal branches with epiphytes in your vivariums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
I don't have any recent shots to show it planted, but here is a branch feature I made with Vivarium Works casting epoxy over a foam core and with Hygrolon glued in place as a planting surface...

Rather than using a branch with epiphytes in front of a regular vivarium background, think about designing it as the main feature in front of a black or open background. This will give you negative space in the layout and a much more dramatic effect.
Pardon me, I'm not quite sure I understand what I'm looking at. Is that a real branch, covered with the epoxy, then with hygrolon attached to it? Or is that epoxy just a mold temporarily around a branch (which is peeking out at the end), in order to look like the branch? Or is it something else? It sounds like an interesting idea, whatever it is.