Originally Posted by Eruantien
Can’t wait to see this thing planted. Great progress so far!
Thank you! It is my best vivarium so far. I have a couple more on the back burner but they wont look as good as this one.
I took a few days off working on this due to work, laundry, mowing the grass, etc. But I did make a little bit of progress today:
I used painter's tape to cover the wood pieces with newspaper so that I dont get any silicone on them. It was a tedious task that took entirely too long. Any spot where the wood touched foam and thus would need to be siliconed, I covered as much of the wood as possible while still leaving a small strip of the wood for the silicone to adhere to:
I did the same along the rim of the tank and the side glass:
The big piece of driftwood was harder to get newspaper onto, so I used alot of painter's tape instead:
Tomorrow I should start the silicone process, I hope 4 tubes is enough. I am using clear GE All Purpose Silicone 1. I would prefer black or brown as it hides any bare spots better. However clear is the only silicone 1 that I can find locally and I didn't want to have to order it. I would rather be able to grab it off a shelf. The vines I made earlier were using the same silicone so as long as I get good contact with the peat/coir while the silicone is curing I dont think anyone will be able to tell.