Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Beamswork 6500K 0.50W LED aquarium light

I hadn't really thought of using a fan in a grow-out. For most species, I don't think it's necessary, but if you are growing some finicky stuff (I am guessing some orchids fit in this category), you might want to be able to dry their roots between waterings.

I think you are wise to keep looking for a light. Also, since it's for a plant grow-out, you don't need to worry about how the light looks. There might be cheaper "grow" lights that have garbage color rendering indices (CRI) but would grow plants just fine. It would mean that you wouldn't be able to swap them around your frog tanks if need be, though. If you are looking at a low-budget option (I mean other than putting them in a window!), you might just do simple curly-Q compact fluorescents. They aren't terribly bright or efficient, but they are dirt cheap and come in 6500K ("daylight"). t-5s or LED shoplights are also an option though they are most commonly sold in 4 foot lengths, which may or may not suit your needs.

Mark