Dendroboard - View Single Post - T10: Coming Terrarium based on Dragon Driftwood. (+ Journal)
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 09:19 PM

Default Re: T10: Coming Terrarium based on Dragon Driftwood. (+ Journal)

I'm going to do a recap of some of the things that happened to this tank while I was planning to use it for the stump prop. Most of these photographs are in the other thread.

^This is a view of the top of the tank, with a hole in a glass top and a screen-window panel cut to size. The glass has a single hole for a 4-nozzle MistKing piece, but after seeing how flooded the chamber becomes so quickly, I may change it to a 2-nozzle MistKing piece instead.

^This is the underside of the eggcrate platform, designed smaller than the width / depth of the bottom of the tank so that the gaps between it and the glass walls can be filled with drainage media (in this case, simple turface).

^This is part of the crack that appears after I drilled the back of the tank for drainage. It has been smeared with Lexel, as much psychological insurance as a functional repair. Probably it will eventually spread to the edges and perhaps even crack open, but there will be very little water in the tank because of how low the bulkhead was placed, and besides, the tank will be sitting in a place where water leakage won't matter. (The tank is watertight at the time of this writing.)

^This is the "forest guardian head" sitting in the tank, not positioned as it will be when the tank is done, but just sitting in there biding its time.