Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Strange U shaped lump

Yeah its tricky. I have had the custody, so to speak, of animals with problems that the handing and transport itself constitutes certain stress and possible harm, so I just did the best I could to make sure their lives were peaceful and full of good things and the best conditions I could make for them.

If it doesnt interfere with locomotion, feeding, or seem to cause fear or pain which I really do think can be detected in suppressed behavior, the only other thing would be how it might affect his self esteem on the Dating Scene with the other frogs. heehee.

It really looks like a nematode to me, esp in some pics, but its important for a viewer (or any explorer of information) to acknowledge ones own bias in what "they" have experienced. And, on the other side, acknowledge what they have not.

Your post was so interesting it got me looking at frog scapulas on a deeper level. In some skeleton examples I noticed a subtle ridge intra border that reminded me of your guys albeit extra ridgey formation, and as Im typing makes me wonder if its an unusual yet harmless congenital anomaly.