Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 02:09 PM

Default Re: New viv and a couple of questions

No problem.

In an attempt to answer your other questions..

In the past I have added frogs pretty early after planting the tank. Generally however, in those cases the plants had been in my possession for some time and in other enclosures without animals in them; I knew or was at least very confident that I wasnít going to be introducing something unwanted. That is the main reason we wait on introducing inhabitants, treat or quarantine plants to make sure they are okay to use. I personally wait about 3 months before adding any vertebrates to a planted tank and make sure the microfauna population is good and strong before as well. I assume this is what you are asking in regard to your plants being ready.. if you are concerned about the frogs affecting the plants acclimating to the new enclosure, you will be fine here as well.

As for the water, I have never personally used reptisafe. I strictly only use RO water for misting and donít generally use water bowls. If you are going to be flushing or refilling the bowl every other day Iím also unsure on the need to add the tea. This is also a practice that I am unfamiliar with though and maybe someone else can chime in on that part.

In regard to your frogs liking the new space, Iím sure they will love it. The tank looks good and is much bigger than the habisphere.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Eruantien For This Useful Post:
Thekla (08-13-2019)