Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Show your Nepenethes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinstrome View Post
Johanovich: What do your Nepenthes eat? And what kind of humidity / lighting do they get?

I have one Nepenthes (aristolochioides x burkei) and a sundew in a big terrarium to make some use of all the fruit flies, but I have wondered whether or not these tiny little flies will be enough when the plants get bigger.

I also have trouble getting the humidity above 75%, and I don't know their humidity needs.
They eat whatever flies that happen to fall in. In summer I sometimes put a few of them outside and then they catch mostly wasps. They get ambient humidity, although local humidity around the plants is higher as they stand together in large trays. Lighting is a south facing window.

Some of the more fickle/expensive species are in a vivarium together with frogs. I took this picture today for example of one of my auratus climbing over a pitcher of Nepenthes flava:

These plants get higher humidity, temperature never rises above 27 degrees celsius and lighting is with LEDs.