Dendroboard - View Single Post - looking to start 150gal terrarium and need major advice.
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors

facebook

View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 01:34 AM

Default Re: looking to start 150gal terrarium and need major advice.

i did not know CO2 would kill the frogs. i figured enough will be converted to oxygen if there are a ton of plants. i was planing to use a very small amount but i wont risk it. maybe i will use some before i introduce any animal life. i want the tank to have some good plant growth and coverage before frogs go in. im sure they will fill less stressed in an established tank.

i will try to make some ducts in the lids that will recirculate air. some tiny doors in the ducts that i can use to control how much of the circulated air is recirculated or outside, fresh air.

is everyone using RO water or just tap water? i use RO-DI water for the reef so i was thinking to just use that. what is a good plant fertilizer? is low temperatures at night a problem in the winter? my tank is in the basement.