Dendroboard - View Single Post - looking to start 150gal terrarium and need major advice.
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 02:34 AM

Default Re: looking to start 150gal terrarium and need major advice.

i did not know CO2 would kill the frogs. i figured enough will be converted to oxygen if there are a ton of plants. i was planing to use a very small amount but i wont risk it. maybe i will use some before i introduce any animal life. i want the tank to have some good plant growth and coverage before frogs go in. im sure they will fill less stressed in an established tank.

i will try to make some ducts in the lids that will recirculate air. some tiny doors in the ducts that i can use to control how much of the circulated air is recirculated or outside, fresh air.

is everyone using RO water or just tap water? i use RO-DI water for the reef so i was thinking to just use that. what is a good plant fertilizer? is low temperatures at night a problem in the winter? my tank is in the basement.