Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 11:50 AM

Default Lets talk orange vs black foot terribilis

Terribilis stays a special frog compared with other frogs.
For starters the terribilis was already mixed by Indians that took the frogs for hunting. So several populations where a mix of different colours due to humans.
Also due to the guerrilla wars and the drugs cartels in the region Terribilis is not a common import to other countries.
This is also the reason that we speak about a colour and not a place like for other frogs. In the wild I think there are several colour tones. But in the past they are mixed in the hobby. In my opinion there are only 2(3) colours and several tones. You can discuss about yellow and orange.
The blue colour mint is an existing tone but in the hobby people selected them to guarantee a blue offspring colour.
In the hobby this is also done for pumps and tincs.
Maybe 30% of bastimentos red frog beach is really from red frog beach. If it is not an import from frogs caught in the wild you never know if it is correct. Even the black foots are a colour selection by Tesoros. More colours = unique color=more money.
For tesoros this is ok for me there the money goes back to the frogs but this is also in the hobby. I also have the black one knowing this is a hybrid color. If you are honest about this I do not see a problem. It is not that the animals go back to the wild.
Do I get more money for the blacks? I do not know, until now I did not have offsprings. I only want a terribilis and if possible all the colour/tones in the hobby. If I sell offsprings I only use the names in the hobby. At the moment we only speak about mints and not about blue,yellow and white mint. So if we give new names a new frog is born even when it is the same as the terribilis mint from before and we add some $. Fore me it is about the hobby, the well-being of the frogs and enjoying whenever possible.
Iím not interested in the $. New colours or species that appear are often only for the $.

Is the blue a hybrid no.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Last edited by Jurgenvdd; 07-16-2019 at 12:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jurgenvdd For This Useful Post:
Tijl (07-16-2019)