Dendroboard - View Single Post - How much passive ventilation is too much for plants?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 12:32 AM

Default Re: How much passive ventilation is too much for plants?

I have had an 12" * 12" * 18" Exo Terra, so I think I am able to picture what you are saying. (By the way, is that the way the dimensions are always ordered? Width * Depth * Height, and not another arrangement of those dimensions?)

IIRC, the screen top of a 12 * 12 * 18 is divided in the middle by a plastic line that is horizontal, when viewing it from the front of the tank.

If I am correct, the space I would have reserved for a screen panel would be somewhere between the two settings you described in the first paragraph --- although when factoring in the space covered just by the black plastic lines of the stock ventilation panel, I can't say which of the two of those my hypothetical 4.5" * 24" screen panel would more nearly resemble. Not that it matters, though; being anywhere in the window between "healthy drying-out" and "pretty moist" is perfectly fine.

Thank