Dendroboard - View Single Post - How much passive ventilation is too much for plants?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 12:15 AM

Default Re: How much passive ventilation is too much for plants?

I have six 12 x 12 x 18 Exos set up for dart frogs (so, pretty humid). I mist these by hand once in the morning, and sometimes again in the evening. I cover the screen with acrylic inserts on top of the stock screen top. Covering just the front screen allows the viv to dry out in a plant-healthy fashion between mistings; covering the front section entirely and covering the back except for a ~1 1/2 inch gap keeps things pretty moist -- algae grows on the back and sides that I clean off every few months.

I have three 18 x 18 (two 18 high, one 24 high) and five 8 x 8 x 12 set up for crested geckos. I mist once daily in the evening. These have stock screen tops, no additional covering. They usually dry by morning (down to ambient humidity ~50%RH, I assume but have never measured), and grow a range of hardier standard viv plants (Neoregelia, Fittonia, Pilea involucrata, Pellionia, Begonia).