Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Ventilation question/advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmkco View Post
My problem is if I have only one fan circulating internally, my tank completely fogs up. Adding the second one to draw air out seems to be the only way I can keep it from fogging but that also seems to dry it out too quickly.
Try adding the second fan buy pointing both at the front glass. Even though its blowing humid air, the difference in pressure will still draw some fresh air in, but the air will be blowing against the front glass which should clear it up. You should not be actively trying to suck air in, let it do it on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmkco View Post
I was thinking about moving the second fan into the channel where my water inlet and outlet are run. That would allow the second fan to run air that is filtered through the cocoa fiber mat that camouflages the tubes and hopefully be just enough keep things from fogging.
If you are using computer fans, they are designed to move a lot of air but at very low pressure. The computer fan may not be powerful enough to move much (if any at all) air through a dense coco fiber mat. Try sticking a piece of the mat on top of the fan and seeing how much air flows through. Window screen already cuts the air flow in half, I would guess that the coco fiber mat would effectively be smothering the fan.

Also be careful with how you are running power cords around that water. You need to be wary of stray voltages leaking into the water and eventually shocking you or your inhabitants. It happens with people every now and then in the aquarium hobby with all the pumps and heaters they have submerged in water. Just keep all cords and plugs far away from the water.