Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Ventilation question/advice

Personally, I would recommend using only one of your fans connected to a controller (allows you to adjust wattage to control rpms and inherently cfms) and use it specifically for internal circulation in tandem with an adjustable vent on top. You could also hook the controller up to a timer as a device between your fan/s and timer.

I personally prefer to have my fan in one of the back corners pointing as close to the opposite, corner as possible with out blowing directly towards a plant or piece of wood... obviously this probably isnt possible so there will be variance that will most likely lead to the fan pointing somewhere between the opposite corner and the front middle section of glass. Just a rule of thumb I use.

As a test, every time I set up a tank I run my fogger with my fan running. The entry point for the fog is placed on the opposite side of the enclosure as the fan. So if the fan is on the back right corner, the fogger is back left and pointed down.

What I look for is that as the fog falls down the left side of the tank and starts filling the bottom, once it gets to about half way across the tank, it starts getting pulled up to the top back corner where the fan is. Keep in mind your hardscaping may prevent you from having the same full effect. The only reason mine is able to function this way is because I have created a gap in both back corners that extends top to bottom allowing air/fog to flow down and be drawn back up. My entire terrestrial space itself is pretty much always open an about the same surface area as the footprint of the tank itself.

As mentioned in the posts provided previously, having an internal circulation fan hooked up to a controller/timer in tandem with adjustable vents is probably the most beneficial choice as this allows for fine tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Eruantien For This Useful Post:
Mmkco (07-11-2019)