Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 11:53 AM

Default Re: High light plants

I'm not sure I see 'burning' in the Neo on the left. Those are distinct spots, more consistent with a fungal or bacterial issue. Burning is typically a non-distinct patch nearest the lighting source. The tips of the coffee plant look like a typical response to mineral buildup in the substrate, or to lack of water/humidity.

My point about saying that 32w on a viv that size 'doesn't sound like much' wasn't meant to mean that plants couldn't be sunburned by it, but rather to show that this isn't a 'high light' viv, and so DerekG4 could well choose plants based on something other than a perceived need for a high amount of light. Lighting wise, any of the commonly available viv plants should do well in there.

A year without substantial growth indicates that something is amiss. It isn't likely lighting - that red Neo looks really good, although the center Schefflera seems to be reaching (which I would expect in a plant that takes full sun outside here in Wisconsin). That fixture seems to be all about color rendition (pink LEDs), rather than simple intensity.

I'd suspect that water is being restricted so as to minimize the fogging of the glass. Increasing water would be challenging given the ventilation situation.