Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 02:36 AM

Default Re: High light plants

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekG4 View Post
See, this is why I donít like researching much. A lot of people have conflicting advice for certain things, I just like to ask one person and be done with it. I trust Joshís frogs, everyoneís told me theyíre a good company and they know their stuff. As of now ventilation wise Iíve had no problem. Same way everyoneís told me airplants need lots of airflow, my viv of course has no airflow whatsoever and theyíre doing pretty good, one even bloomed a flower which I assume means itís doing great. The exact question I had asked at the time was what kind of lid should I use, mesh, glass top or some sort of hybrid? The person that messaged me had said that that was a good question, saying that if Iím doing live plants I should have it completely covered to prevent moisture from leaving the viv and that the plants would create oxygen for the frog anyway. He/she did not mention anything about needing or suggesting that it would be beneficial to have airflow of some kind.

So now I have conflicting information. Either I make a fan system somehow or stick to what Iíve previously been doing thatís worked with me since I started the viv. I donít know, Iíve always been a ďif it ainít broken, donít try to fix itĒ kind of guy.

But back on topic if possible, what high light plants would you guys recommend? Iíd prefer something thick or bushy but anything works.
I share a distaste for research for the same reason. Usually, though, if you do enough research, it becomes evident which side is right, unless it's a very controversial issue.

It is seldom, too, that I've spoken to three different authorities and all three have been wrong. So I can sympathize with your desire to not overcomplicate things. Just keep an open mind to the different arguments for and against air flow and you'll come to a comfortable conclusion.

On high light plants: I don't think you can go wrong with a Neoregelia. Hardy, easy to water, attractive, and affordable. And, of course, it loves to lap up high light.